Wednesday, December 19, 2018

CRIRE 12.12.18

Today started off just like any other day in the rainforest. Day four of waking up to the chirping of parakeets in the tree nearby. They like to sleep in the tree here at the biology station. They wake up and they're pretty loud but it's nice to hear them. By the time we make our way to breakfast they usually fly off for the day. I can hear them chirping in my head right now as I type this. So the bird crew I'm on and I decide to walk around and find a new spot to watch birds which we weren't very reluctant. The garden area seems to have the most birds. We also went atop the observation tower and didn't see very many birds. It is winter and the dry season though most birds may be elsewhere. Some of the students and I went walking around the station at night all over looking for bats it was a really unique and enjoyable experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment