Wednesday, December 12, 2018

CRIRE 12.10.18

Day two at Costa Rica we rode the bus from the Aero Puerto Hotel to Las Cruces Biological Station. It took us nearly an hour to leave San Jose. We made a stop atop a mountain on our way to the Biological Station. I wasn't used to the elevation and immediately getting off the bus I felt light headed. I then rushed to the trail that leads up the mountain. I was winded but I was excited to see everything so I toughed it all out. It actually felt pretty good. Our bus driver another student and I nicknamed Dom after the character who plays on The Fast and The Furious movies. His driving was pretty unique. We blazed past other vehicles on the winding mountain top roads passing semis and other vehicles with precision.  We stopped at a nice location that had quite a few hummingbirds and had lunch which was pretty awesome. Later in the evening we arrived at the Station and got settled into our bedrooms. By this time the other students and mentors are getting to know each other pretty well. After settling in to our rooms we make out way to the dining hall which was pretty unbelievable it was beautiful. Glass windows are surrounding the dining area and there was even a place to sit on the patio outside where the majority of us sat and made conversation. We then made our way to our rooms and slept.

No comments:

Post a Comment